Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Who cares what day it is (pr # 40)- "Back By Popular Demand" (The Shoes Not the Blog)

In 1993 I worked in retail and $120.00 was way too much for...well...it needed to go to rent... Boooooots. Wild Pair was the best and thigh highs were AWESOME, though they were not as accepted as they are now (like... you must be working on a corner if you wore them). Now they go with everything and $120.00 in 2019 for boots is not the most ridiculous thing anyone has ever heard. Regardless of the insanity of it at the time it happened. In my defense 25 years later they still make the occasional guest appearance. I really loved them.
So New Years Eve into 2019 an old friend teased me about a sobriety check point (circa 1996) in which I could not walk a straight line due to my high heels and to the best of her recollection it was these boots. I was not driving that night in 1996 but apparently there was an authority sanctioned competition (at the check point) for the keys and though I was sober enough it was freezing, my heels were high and I was not allowed to take off them off to walk the line. She and I don't head out very often so when we decided to go out on NYE (afternoon actually) and in the same conversation the boots came up I decided to wear them. It's crazy 25 year old shoes, hang in there/ hold up, pretty well but 5 year old heel tips are only good for 2 wears.

(I will work on a better picture later)


Wear # ?!?!? Who knows!
Recent Wear- December 31st 2018
Purchased Circa 1993
Cost $120.00 (and likely still in the top 5 most expensive shoes I ever purchased)
Comfort 6
Pair #40

No comments:

Post a Comment