Saturday, January 25, 2014

How A Shoe Experiment Starts…




For the ONE BIZILLIONTH time I was on the internet fighting myself not to hit some kind of a “buy it” button that sat just to the left of some fabulous shoe…or not so fabulous…or even flat out ugly when it finally dawned on me that I don’t need to spend anymore money. I actually need to go into the Attic and wear all of the shoes that are stored there, you know the ones that I have purchased over the years because I “HAD TO HAVE THEM”. Some of them are unopened, unworn, still in the boxes and even worse LIKE worn once and starting to dry rot from the desert like temperatures in their 3rd floor crypt.


With a bit of a sense of dread and worry I ventured up to the attic where in one corner at a glance I saw five pairs of dusty shoes that had never been worn. It was official I was grounded! This meant no more new shoes until I had worn, re-homed and/or re-purposed every boot, sandal, flip flop, pump, high heel, platform shoe and/or any combination thereof in the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment