Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 10- Perfect Boots



Here we have the at least the fourth pair of what to the untrained eye appear to be the same exact boots. They are a fraction of the boot subsection in my closet that has caused me to get to the back door in two different boots more than once. In my world there is an infinite search for these boots or something close to them. The search does not end when I locate them, locating them simply means there will be one more pair of not quite perfect "Perfect Boots" in my closet. I say not quite perfect, because likely the sole is too thick, the sole too thin, they are too narrow, they are too wide, they do not stay up or they melt like the Wicked Witch of the West if the humidity gets too high, god forbid a drizzle occurs AND you might only imagine what snow and salt will do to them. By the time the are literally thread bare garbage, with the lining hanging out of the hole in the back where the heal used to be, guess what I am over the short comings and love, love, love them but they are discontinued, therefore no longer available. After the first cheap pair of  "I love these, I can wear them every day, with anything, even at the beach in July (not kidding), black knee high, perfect boots, boots" fell apart because they are constructed of some kind of man made fuzzy stuff (which may actually be related to tissue paper) I was on a mission to find a decent pair. Boots made out of something slightly more durable than cardboard would be spectacular. Plenty that look similar out there on the net, really not hard to find at all, but they seemed to be either $25 pairs (that start to disintegrate as soon as you remove the plastic wrap) and $600 pairs (that can actually manage to look down their own nose at plastic wrap... also at me because I can only dream of being in their tax bracket) and shockingly enough NOTHING in between. Finally I found these in winter 2012, they were not super cheap or crazy expensive, given that they have an 8 comfort rating and will be likely worn until I can see my sock straight through bottom totally worth the price still "you get what you pay for"... I must not have paid quite enough...so this is how they roll...



*Wear  ?? (July 2013)
Circa Jan. 2012
Cost  *90
Comfort 8
Pair 12

(As of 6-19-18 MIA, Guessing Trashed) 




No comments:

Post a Comment