Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 9- No I Was Not Plotting A Career Change




Now these are some boots! They are not now, nor do I believe they ever were in style but about 10 years ago I "had to have them". There was no way to creatively justify the cost because in all seriousness what would be the "occasion" for these boots? Never the less I had to have them and after a few days of thinking about them low and behold I was given money for my Birthday and told not to spend it on bills or anything I would buy for myself...JACKPOT! I ran right back to the store (Hot Topics I believe) and bought the boots. I have searched for the appropriate occasion to wear them but never really found it. I have called them goth, I have worn them on Halloween, I have even tried to pass them off as rain boots, still in reality they are simply an exercise in creativity because it take s a lot of creativity to conjure an outfit worthy of these boots that does not look trashy! In spite of the fact that there is no practical purpose for them, it takes a brave 40 year old to wear them out in public. Problem: every time I wear them the whole platform bottom falls off causing a trip to the shoe repair shop and I keep paying to have them fixed, because I find them fascinating...besides anything that looks like this and still gets a 6 for comfort rating deserves to go on for at least another 10 years!




Wear *6 *(July 2013)
Circa 2003
Cost  *60
Comfort 6
Pair 11




No comments:

Post a Comment