Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 00x2- Almost More Trouble Than They’re Worth but Not Quite

These were also worn the week before the official start of the game. They are circa 2011, they have a comfort rating of 4 and a pain in the @$$ rating of about a 12. Every time I wear them I forget why I quit wearing them because well really they are just so darn cute! This was the 3rd or 4th wear, maybe this time I won't forget.
These were the direct result of a DSW coupon, you know... "I have a coupon",...so "I have to use it",... because "it saves me 10 dollars". INSTEAD OF "I am about to spend 50 dollars, I never would have spent",... because "I had no need to set foot in that store" (ever) and "I don't need anything in there". NOPE the hamster wheel landed on  "I'mma save 10 dollars!" "Wheeee".
I bought the shoes, got home and realized they had no zipper pulls on the back zippers (the ones that have an actual point, like holding the shoe on). The store did not have another pair, I could not take the pulls off of the side without ruining the shoes and I would never find an exact match. Notice that "return them and do without them" never crossed my mind. I tried to wear them without the pulls and I did manage to get the zipper up. I can't tell you how delighted I was half way through the day when I realized the zippers popped open from the middle and I may need power tools to remove the shoes from my feet (while in some kind of yoga position trying not to cut off my foot!).
Needless to say I did get them off and I had to start a mission to find new pulls. I searched far and wide and half of the internet. In the end it took months and I paid half what I paid for the shoes for the ONLY plain, black, might be able to make them work, luggage zipper pulls (that were of course too big) I could find on the world wide EARTH. I was so delighted to have them ALL (? I am sure some of you can see where this is going) straightened out and back in the attic they went. Some time later when I thought "so cute, I will wear those today"...yep half way through the day...I looked down and zipper is closed at both ends and not in the middle. Some things are on sale for a reason but still LOVE them!!!







Wear 3 or 4 *(June 2013)
Circa 2011
Cost  *60
Comfort  4
Pair #9
* =Best Guess



No comments:

Post a Comment