Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 5- "A Love Normal People Could Never Understand"

I believe this was the second wear, they get a 3 star comfort rating (circa 2011). The predecessor to these shoes were worn as walking shoes, until I treated them like they were proper walking shoes in New Orleans and while out and about on Bourbon Street it started to rain. They got wet and the deterioration began instantaneously, they were no longer comfortable but I continued to wear them until they started to physically fall apart... then I set them aside and wore them sparingly as to preserve any remaining integrity and their existence as long as possible. They ranked in the top five all time favorites until one sad day I walked the platform right off of the shoe, as I walked down a dock in the dark I recognized something odd about my gait when I turned and looked back, there on the dock, in the moonlight was a little lifeless lump. The whole bottom of my shoe without warning had just departed the shoe upper and me. There was so much damage I knew that even the most skilled of cobblers (and all of the kings horses and all of the kings men) could not properly glue my favorite shoes back together again :( and then the mission to replace them began. I searched eBay (and quite possibly found the end of the internet) fruitlessly, they were just gone. Then one semi-glorious day I found these not quite as cute, not comfy (at all) but close was the best solution the universe had to offer.
I wanted to post a picture of the original shoe too but I just went through thousands of photos and could not find even "the end of their reign" picture. Disturbing as I am aware it is, I hate that I threw them away. 


Wear  *2 (June 2013)
Circa *2011
Cost  *45
Comfort Rating 3  
Pair 5
*= Best Guest
















No comments:

Post a Comment