Monday, June 26, 2017

Day 19- Sparkly Fit Flops

Nothing like NEEDING a pair of $125 flip flops that have fuzzy stuff and sparkles on them. They have FUZZY STUFF AND SPARKLES on them, which will cause me to have a negative desire to put them on my feet then drag them around on the ground all day because they might get dirty. These are the shoes I bought after the “Day 13- Warning Do Not Wear Hiking” shoes made my feet look and feel as if they had been through a blender and embarrassed me a little when I walked into a Vegas Hotel restaurant (that was on my “little” bucket list) to see an old friend with paper towels wrapped around and between my toes and sticking out from under the straps of my freshly abused Cole Haan sandals. I tried to pretend no one noticed but seriously? I suffered through a meal then I went into a boutique in another Hotel and sat in their tiny shoe dept. A precious sales girl saw my feet, heard a bit of my story and told me to stay seated while she brought everything she had that might resolve my problem to me. The nice girl also shared her personal stash of Band-Aids with me apparently the store made her keep Band-Aids on hand to cover her piercings (side-bar -I don’t get that, how does a Band-Aid across your eyebrow look better than a little piece of metal?) Anyway there is a price to fulfill a quest for foot relief and it is 125 dollars. So several Band-Aids, lots of thank you’s and $125 later I walked out in my new Sparkly Fit Flops. I likely would have paid more money (that I really did not have) in order to make my suffering stop but 125 it was. I only wore them to the bus and back to my hotel and though I could probably calculate out a price per step it was worth every penny. Now every time think I should wear them, I look at them I think not today they might get wet, and they are suede or suedeish or not today they will get dusty and if I wash them they may not like that… Shadow box? Maybe they need a shadow box.
Image
Wear  3 * (June 2013)
June 2013
Cost  125
Comfort Rating 8 (not as comfy as the originals)
Pair #22

No comments:

Post a Comment