Monday, June 26, 2017

Day 25 “Nordstrom to the Rescue”

These are the boots that I wear every day, with ANYTHING, take everywhere and of course (yet luckily) had with me when I brought 2 left “fun, flat, work with everything for everything walking shoes” on vacation TWICE! I had to walk all over Vegas in 105 degrees and I walked all over Florida in May/June Florida weather in these. Yes, I find people are inclined to look at me like they know something that I must not know, but I find if I just own it/rock it/whatever it, it’s just Ok and acceptable and people feel that.
I looked for a long time for plain, comfy, slip on boots and in Winter 2012 I finally found them at Nordstrom by winter 2013 the boots were a touch worse for the wear and I needed another pair. Nordstrom no longer had them and again it seemed impossible to find a simple, flat, durable boot. The only logical thing to do would be take them into the body shop (shoe repair at the mall) and have them completely restored/remodeled/overhauled, whatever it takes to get them back in functioning order! So I did… but I had to have a substitute during their trip to the spa.
Image
Day 14’s Story is about the shoes I bought to wear while these were in the shop (a reasonable and justifiable stretching of the rules) https://abbiesnotnormal13.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/day-14-stretching-the-rules/
Wear ??? *(All Of The Time)
Winter 2012
Cost * Approx. $90
Comfort 8 (varies depending on inappropriateness of use)
Pair #28 * =Best Guess

PS I walked a few legs of the Susan Komen 3 day in these.

No comments:

Post a Comment