Monday, June 26, 2017

Day 24- “Coach Rescue”

Everyone knows I rescue animals when they cross my path, lost, hungry, in need or in harms way. When I pick up dead possum with live babies in it’s pouch, take on mothering an insulin dependent cat, stop to assist a lost horse, chase a sunbathing snake out of the road, those that know me expect nothing less. It has, however, been pointed out that my rescue instinct occasionally spills over into other aspects of my life. A few examples of that friends perspective are these; before I found the perfect guy I tried to rehab an idiot or two, I bought a falling apart Victorian house and tried to "save" it, I once spent $75 on a $35 dollar watch because the alternative was to end the watch and so on and so on. It seems that it is just in my nature to save anything that crosses my path. That being said it should not be surprising that when I found these shoes being used as cleaning, mopping, yard work shoes I had to save them. I confiscated these from my mother when I found her bleaching the floor in them…I mean seriously Mommy have a little respect! They are Coach! For Crying Out Loud!
Years went by that I did not own sneakers and though I am not sure these qualify as “sneakers” they were upgraded from a very tough existence as mommy’s housework shoes to a super easy existence as my gym shoes. The fact that I did not own sneakers should clue you in as to my work out habits, if the fact that I call these (no support having, likely crazy expensive, basically brand name bobo’s) gym shoes did not clue you in. My new Coach shoes felt right at home at the posh gym (Hockessin Athletic Club, not a facility I would ever recommend BTW) to which I had been gifted a membership. Turns out little Coach sneakers are perfect for walking into the building, checking in, going to the café, getting a beer and watching a game show or two while sitting on an exercise bike then back to the car. After I got the worst customer service ever anywhere I left the gym for good and my “sneakers” got an early retirement.  Better they sit safely in my closet and just be Coach than ever see the likes of bleach again.
Here they are pictured in pillow pose.
Image
Wear ? *(2014)
In 2012 they came to me
Cost  Free to Me
Comfort  8
Pair #27

No comments:

Post a Comment