Monday, June 26, 2017

Day 20- Oh I Wish That I had Jess’ Shoes… (groannnnn I do recognize that was awful)

These shoes were in the attic where they were still in the box unworn for about a year. I just found them YAY! 
 When I was 11 years old (around the beginning of the problem) I had a very similar pair of shoes, except they were white with a lower heel. I suffered that summer waiting to go back to school because I could not WAIT to wear those shoes. I had yellow socks, probably as the outer layer of a too many slouchy sock grouping but the yellow needed to be on the outside to show through the triangle holes (see???). I collected the perfect outfit then all of the pieces of the outfitted waited patiently next to the shoes to go back to school. There was an almost fluffy yellow skirt, a button up top with faux pearl embellishments and a yellow tank to go underneath (and possibly a white one with a row of tiny panda’s on it for layers!) and giant earrings. I’m guessing I had bracelets running all of the way up one arm and probably a swatch or two on the other. It was the 80’s, for the times I was unique, fashionably cute and interesting.
 All these years later a sweet girl I worked with walked by wearing these cute shoes and said she did not mind if I got them too, she also said that she just got them at Macy’s and they were on sale! Thanks Jess! YAY Again!!!
 It is never that easy it took 2 or 3 different Macy’s stores to get my hands on them but I was so excited to have them….then I forgot they existed for a year or so but that is what makes my shopping excursions to my attic SO much fun! These shoes caused lots of nostalgic smiles and they are black so they work with my life now!
Image

Wear 1 *(July 2013)
Circa 2012
Cost  Approx $20
Comfort  6.5
Pair #23

No comments:

Post a Comment